- I have been doing telephoto photography for well more than three decades now. My knowledge in the area of equipment for long lens nature photography is quite specialized and I am opinionated. But I know what works and what does not and for more than 25 years I have been willing and eager to share. And have done just that.
- If you are looking to spend some money on photography gear and have checked the New BAA Online Store, the old Bulletins, the Blog, have chatted with friends, and have posted questions on line but are still confused, feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. I have helped thousands of folks over the past two decades and would be glad to help you. I will always—depending on my travel schedule—strive to get back to you in a timely fashion. And my first concern will always be to help you get the right gear in your hands. In my absence my right-hand man, Jim Litzenberg, will likely be able help.
- B&H PHOTO VIDEO is a BIRDS AS ART sponsor. For decades, B&H has been the industry leader with low, low prices, a pretty much unbelievable inventory, and fast reliable service.
- BIRDS AS ART does not sell cameras or lenses, but we do carry a wide range of photographic accessories and educational materials. We offer only the very best tripods and tripod heads. We will not sell you junk as pretty much every other specialized mail order operation will. We sell what I use every day and what I believe in. Everything that we sell is competitively priced; we try to sell all of our tripods and heads for “one cent less than B & H.” As a thank you for the information that we provide via e-mail, Bulletins, and the Blog, was do ask for your business. Know that it is greatly appreciated.
- If you choose to comparison shop be warned of two things in advance:
1: if you find your lens or camera for on-line substantially less than the B&H PHOTO VIDEO price, it will almost surely be out of stock; beware of bait and switch tactics.
2: it is highly unlikely that you will find a reputable dealer who will be able to match the B&H PHOTO VIDEO price.
- If you do purchase from B&H, please either click on a direct product link in a Bulletin, in a Blog post, or in Gear Bag, or on the general B&H shopping link immediately below. If you opt for B&H, do know that a small percentage of your purchase price helps to fund production of both the BAA Bulletins and blog posts and is a great way to thank us for 15 years of equipment advice. Your purchase price will be unchanged.
- Please don’t forget to e-mail me with your equipment questions. Spending a lot of money on the wrong gear gets old fast. I see it every day…. We are in a better position to answer your equipment questions than the folks at any camera store. As above, we do appreciate your continued patronage of the BAA On-Line Store for your tripod, tripod head, photographic accessory, and educational material needs.